Monday, October 6, 2008

The Intro

I have been told by friends to start a blog.

I've been told it's a good idea, and it might help get me some exposure if it takes off. See, I'm an aspiring writer in need of an audience - and according to many of my idiot friends, blogging could be a way to gain one.

So, given that you now know the above information, you may wonder why my name isn't attached to the bottom of this blog. Well, allow me to answer your question. The most intriguing part of this whole blogging phenomenon, in my opinion, is the anonymity which it is capable of providing.

As an aspiring writer, I'm currently employed as a reporter with a small New England newspaper. Being such, there are things I'll post on this space I might not want the 60-something-year-old woman who's involved with the local church group, who I'm trying to convince I'm a nice kid so I can use her as a source for my day job, to know.

Like my current opinion of Justin Masterson for instance, who just faced two batters, gave up two hits and joined Hideki Okajima in collectively sucking their way to letting the Angels back into Game 4 of the ALDS.

So, with all that said, what you can expect to see in this space from here on out is my unfiltered and biased opinion on all things relevant to a 22-year-old male from just north of Boston, Mass., - sports, beer, friendships, relationships (necessarily, yes necessarily, in that order... ha ha... no, no... I joke, I kid) and anything else I damn well please to pollute cyberspace with.

P.S. - Thank you Jason Bay and Jed Lowrie!! Who'da thunk it'd be J & J Hit Factory getting us out of this one. Kudos boys; time to cowboy up for (can't believe I'm actually writing this!?!) Tampa. It's gonna be a hell of an ALCS.

More to come soon.

No comments: